Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quick Beef and Vegetable Soup

Winter is for comforting foods. My favorite thing to cook during the winter: soups! I'm always trying new soup recipes. No soup discrimination going on in this house. While I love a good bone broth, sometimes I just don't have the time for it. I need quick meals done in 30 minutes or less.

This soup recipe is one of my faves this season. It's easy, healthy and I feel really good about feeding it to my family.

The great thing about this soup is that you can really use whatever veggies you have in the fridge. You could even omit the beef and make it a veggie soup. Oh, the possibilities.




Quick Beef and Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
Large can of chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (don't drain)
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
Frozen vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, beans)
1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
Half a medium onion, chopped
Italian seasoning

Instructions:

Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet until cooked. Drain.

In a pot, boil the chicken broth and add in the beef, onions, and all the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.


Julia's Notes: I serve this with rice, but I'm sure it will taste great with crusty bread or a sandwich. Minced garlic would be great. Thought about adding mini pasta to this - maybe next time. Super easy and quick recipe!


No comments: