Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pan con Tomate

CJ and I honeymooned in Barcelona. It was the perfect setting for a pair of lovebirds wanting to explore a beautiful Spanish city. Tapas, sangria, art, architecture, history, culture and friendly people are what I walked away with.

Two things I have brought into our lives back in Maryland are espressos (only me, on occasion) and pan con tomate.

I could eat this every day. Pan con tomate is so simple, yet so flavorful. I can literally eat an entire loaf of french bread this way.


Pan con Tomate

Ingredients:

1 garlic clove
half of a medium tomato
2 slices of french bread
olive oil

Instructions:

Toast french bread.
While it's toasting, crush garlic cloves. I do this with the flat side of a knife.
When bread is ready, take the crushed garlic cloves and rub it on the bread.
Drizzle olive oil.
Halve a tomato and rub it onto the toast.

ENJOY!

Julia's Notes: If you have prosciutto, put a slice on top and it will taste delicious! The recipe calls for just 2 slices, but honestly...good luck having just two. I leave all the ingredients on a cutting board and just nibble on it for the next few hours. It's just that good.








No comments: