Friday, September 25, 2015

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes

I am officially OBSESSED with all things pumpkin. I want to get my hands on everything!

I had an OB ultrasound this morning (baby girl at 24 weeks is healthy and beautiful!) and on the way home, I had a serious sudden craving for pumpkin pancakes. I don't crave anything in particular this pregnancy (neither did I the last one), but if I want something, I just HAVE TO HAVE IT!

I happened to have leftover pumpkin puree from making the Pumpkin Apple Spice Vanilla Shakeology a few days ago. I also remembered a 2-ingredient pancake recipe I haven't made in awhile. It didn't take me long to to decide I was going to add some pumpkin puree to the pancake recipe to make a healthy version of pumpkin pancakes.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 banana (ripe and mashed)
  • dash of pumpkin pie spice (optional, but highly recommended!)

Instruction:
  • In a bowl, beat 2 eggs with a fork. 
  • In another bowl, mash a ripe banana with a fork. 
  • Mix all ingredients until there are no banana lumps. 
  • In a pan on medium high heat (not too hot, otherwise it'll burn real fast), put some coconut oil and swirl it around in the pan. 
  • Pour little circles of pancake "batter" onto the pan. Keep a close eye and don't leave it on the pan too long. Once you see the edges cooked, flip over carefully. They will break if you're not careful. 
  • If your banana is ripe, that'll take care of the sweetness for you. If you really want some syrup, go right ahead! 

ENJOY!

No comments: