Monday, November 23, 2015

Do what you love, love what you do

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I love what I do and don't ever drag myself out of bed in the mornings, don't dread Mondays and don't complain that I'm not where I should be in life...because I'm doing something I'm PASSIONATE about.

Since I was in high school, all I ever heard was to find something I was passionate about. What the heck does that even mean? I worked at numerous clothing stores in high school and college, like Banana Republic, Armani Exchange and Bloomingdale's. I loved clothes and accessories and I worked near them...was that being passionate? It didn't drive me. First job out of college, I worked for a civil engineering association in the international department and while I enjoyed being "international" and absolutely loved my boss (Hi Marisa!), it wasn't fulfilling. Over the next several years, I worked for different companies (executive search, retail, mortgage). I learned a TON along the way.

The biggest thing I learned...I don't like working for other people. Deep down, I knew there was an entrepreneur in me just waiting to come out. The biggest opportunity was always in front of me: Taekwondo. To run one of my dad's locations was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I learned a lot about myself and grew as a person and businesswoman. It was at this point in my life, I learned what being passionate was all about.

Fast foward, I am DARN LUCKY to say I found another passion. Two in a lifetime?! Seriously counting my blessings here. I don't know how to put in words the daily excitement I have for being a Beachbody coach. The engaging conversations, listening to struggles, helping others live happier lives, pushing myself to be the best Julia there is...

I AM BLESSED.

No comments: