Monday, October 6, 2014

Cauliflower Buffalo Bites

I'm learning you can do a whole lot of creative cooking with cauliflower. I'm in the midst of trying several recipes before posting, but this one was delicious and I knew I had to share immediately!

When I think of buffalo wings, I think of football or a sports bar or my hubby, CJ. CJ loves him some buffalo wings. Breaded, naked, spicy, mild. You name it, he'll eat it. I am always down to try a veggie dish, so I can make sure the hubs gets in some veggies. If your husband is anything like mine, he won't voluntarily sit there and munch on vegetables. I have to make it taste good. He enjoyed these bites and said they were really tasty though it was more of a teaser. He wanted the real deal. Maybe tomorrow, babe.



Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower; chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 brown rice flour
1/2 cup water
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of granulated garlic powder
non-stick spray

Sauce: Frank's Red Hot sauce or your favorite buffalo sauce

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • In a small bowl, combine the flour, water, salt and garlic powder. Mix well with a whisk.
  • Dip cauliflower into batter until coated evenly. Place on a lightly greased baking pan.
  • Bake 10 minutes or until batter hardens. Turn and bake another 5 minutes. 
  • In a saucepan, heat up 1/2 cup of Frank's Hot sauce. Turn off heat.
  • When cauliflower is done, throw them into the sauce pan and cover cauliflowers in the hot sauce.
  • Let it sit in room temperature for 20 minutes and enjoy!

Julia's Notes: I followed the original recipe closely with a few exceptions. I didn't use butter. I didn't have brown rice flour, but I did have barley flour. I also didn't brush on the hot sauce or let the cauliflower bake for the final 10 minutes. I love roasted cauliflower and buffalo hot sauce is yummy, so even though I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I knew this would turn out delicious. And delicious it was!
 
 

No comments: