Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Natural and Cheap Fruit & Veggie Wash

I'm on a natural kick. I try to find natural, healthy ways to do things instead of using chemicals. I once bought a fruit and veggie spray wash and a small bottle cost me $5-6. It didn't last long because I was using it everyday. It doesn't seem like a lot of money, but it does add up.

I went searching on the internet and found that you can effectively remove 98% of bacteria, pesticides and chemicals from your fruit and veggies from this super easy, cost-effective method.

VINEGAR AND WATER
Soak fruits and veggies in a bowl of:
         3 parts water
         1 part white vinegar
for 10-15 minutes. Then, rinse.

BAKING SODA METHOD
My parents use sprinkle baking soda on fruit and veggies, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then thoroughly wash it off. I've never tried this method, but heard it works well.  

No comments: