Sunday, May 10, 2015

Wedding Speech to Rina

One of my besties, Rina, married the love of her life, Joon, on May 1. I was honored to stand by her side as co-matron of honor. This post is dedicated to Rina and Joon.

My name is Julia and I am Rina's co-matron of honor. I have known Rina since middle school. We attended the same middle school, high school and college. We've journeyed throughout life together. I could not be happier for Rina and Joon. They are a perfect match made in heaven.

When a man looks for a woman to call his wife, he looks for several qualities. He wants a woman who is smart, beautiful, fun, loving and caring. Rina is all those qualities. I've been trying to think of a story that exemplifies all these characteristics and though there are many stories I could tell, there's one that happened rather recently that sticks out in my mind.

Awhile back, we were chatting on the phone and I mentioned to Rina how I wish I had a workout buddy because working out would be so much easier. Her reply? I've an idea. How about I come up right now, sleep over and we'll workout in the morning. For those of you who don't know, I live in a faraway land called Bel Air. It's an hour and a half away. Not a short drive.

Rina came, slept over and sure enough, we worked out in the morning and she went home. She spent a total of 12 hours with me.

I know it's not a big story, but it exudes her best qualities.

Joon, please take care of Rina. If you don't, I know where you live. Oh, and my husband and I both know Taekwondo. I wish you too all the best.

Please raise a glass with me. Cheers! I love you both!












1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was awesome!!! and thanks for standing by my side, as always! <3