Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Treadmill Workout - The Side Run

I enjoy running. It's a statement I never thought I'd say. I dreaded running the mile when I was in Elementary and Middle school. I joined the track team in High School and learned to sprint and relay. Since then, my love for running grew. I don't run with music like the rest of the world. I enjoy the fresh air, letting my thoughts run wild and hitting the pavement. Running is therapy.

While I prefer running alfresco, running on a treadmill isn't bad. The treadmill allows me to do things I can't necessarily do or wouldn't want to do outdoors. For instance, on the treadmill, I can run on a super high incline whenever I want. I can also do the side run. I don't see myself doing this outdoors in public. I'm sure there's a proper name, but I call it the side run.

I can't take credit for this. I learned this move from Shonda. I copy a lot of a exercises from her. She makes it look so easy. I haven't yet attempted to run backwards. I know myself all too well. It's public humiliation just waiting to happen.









No comments: