Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Fall is here! I love the changing of the leaves and smell of cinnamon in the air. Warm, comforting foods are all I want. Last night, I had a strong craving for McDonald's apple pie. They are so so good, but so so bad. I found an easy recipe and had most of the ingredients. Success! My apple pie craving was satisfied. I will most definitely be making this again.

Apple Pie Oatmeal
Recipe cred Familyfeedbag.com

Ingredients:

1 apple cored and chopped (skin on)
1 cup water
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Instructions:

Bring water to a boil, then add all the ingredients. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle brown sugar or your choice of sweetner. Pour a little bit of milk. Enjoy!






No comments: