Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Attitude

Last weekend, we were at a Honda dealership. I recently purchased a white Honda Pilot with black trim. I've named my car Panda. Oh, yes I did. Panda was getting a roof rack, all-weather mats and running boards with LED lights. She's all pimped out now or as my father-in-law said...she looks like a real car now. Anyways, I was bored in the waiting room thumbing through magazines and walking around in circles. I passed by someone's desk and in plain sight for all to see was this thought-provoking quote about attitude.  The person sitting behind the desk smiled at me, reached for the frame and gave me a copy of the quote. How unexpectedly nice! Apparently, so many people stop to read it, he made several copies of it to pass out to people. How thoughtful! This is his little contribution to make the world a better place. World Peace!

I've read it a few times already. It is a reminder to always keep a good attitude about everything in life, even when I don't want to and even when it's so so so hard to do so. This is a must-share.


“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

 - Charles R. Swindoll

No comments: