Tuesday, September 30, 2014

No Bake Power Protein Bars

One of my besties sent me this easy, delicious and healthy protein bar recipe. It's so easy that I don't think I'll ever buy granola bars ever again. Plus, I know exactly what's going in it. I recently read the ingredients on several granola bar boxes and let me tell you, they are not healthy! Shame on you food industry for wrongly claiming your granola bars are healthy when they are not. Tsk tsk.


Recipe Cred Dailyhiit.com

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup unsweetened thick cut coconut
1/3 cup raw honey, real maple syrup or blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 cup ground flax meal
1/2 cup dark/bittersweet chocolate chips
1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla


Instructions:

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a baking dish and press down firmly. Let sit for 30 minutes. Cut into bar shape and enjoy!
  
Julia's Notes: I used peanut butter and ground my own flaxseed. I am excited to try this again with a different nut butter and maybe throw in almonds.

No comments: